Friday, March 10, 2006

Day 70 - Friday (Boring night):
WOOT AGAIN! Finster slept straight through to 7am again! I love it! This morning it was so nice outside that we did our morning fetch outside. Finster got to stretch his legs running after some tennis balls. I also did some sit/stays outside. He did ok outside. He jumped up like 3 times when I put him in the yard and went onto the deck. If I stayed in the grass he was fine but as soon as I went to the deck he got excited and came running. He finally got it right so that we could go onto something else (I've read that you should never end on a failure).

At 10am Finster woke up from his morning nap and started getting antsy again. He whined for the whole 30 minutes before I let him out. He should be able to hold it for 2 hours, he's just being a big baby. The morning walk was quite interesting. About 1/4 of the way through Finster plopped down on some grass and just laid there. He didn't want to get up! I think he likes the warmth and the nice grass (57 today!), just wait until summer buddy.

Finster slept again until noon and then he got antsy to get out of the crate again. I think I've been spoiling him by letting him out to lumber around the office too much, now he expects it. I held off until 1230 but he barked once :(. At 1230 we went to the park to play with Oscar.
As we were walking over to Ivan and Oscar Finster started getting excited and pulling on the leash. So, I had him sit and had him wait for Oscar to come to Finster. He actually stayed until Oscar got there, must be he didn't want to approach Oscar, because I doubt he was staying because I told him to :). They played quite well, they are getting to be good friends. Oscar was a bit tired out but they still had fun. Finster almost went into the water, but just waded up to his knees (about 4 inches). He enjoyed lopping up all the water though. Finster pretty much just chased Oscar around (you can read the story from Oscar's point of view). We had to leave early because it started raining and the wind picked up. Finster got soaked and smelled like a wet dog, I love that smell.

When we got back to the office Finster crashed and slept straight through to 4. He would have slept longer but I woke him up because he had dribbled more than usual and I didn't want him to roll in it. I took him out for a walk at 4 and he flopped down in the grass again ;).

I called the vet this morning and he said they are still trying to figure out what's wrong with Finster. He said that he called Purina (I'm feeding Finster Purina One) to talk to them about it. He is going to run some analysis to make sure that Finster's diet is good. He mentioned something about a pancreatic problem, and still possibly a kidney problem. Neither one of which sound good. He also said that it could be nothing at all, maybe he will just grow out of it, which is what we are all hoping for.

In the evening we came home and I tried tiring Finster out because we were going to a "no dogs" party. We were gone from 7 to 12 so Finster's evening sucked. When we got home I played with Finster for a while so he got some exercise.


WNYLocals Fri Mar 10, 10:38:00 AM  

Hmmmm, that's funny, your parents did.

Darrick Fri Mar 10, 10:51:00 AM  

Ya right, my mom and dad both like me!

THE KELLOGGS Sat Mar 11, 07:55:00 PM  


I'm so sorry to hear you are having some medical problems. Let's hope the Vet figures it out quickly and that it is nothing more than a puppy thing.

Buy Prints


Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by 2008

Back to TOP